Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Consider yourself pounced!

Not the target demographic, I'm sure.
When you have a small child, people will often engage them with a polite, "Hello!" My son is almost two now and when strangers speak to him, little do they know what they are getting into. This is a true account of Matty meeting a lifeguard at our hotel swimming pool before the Red Sox game.

Lifeguard: (waving) Helloooo.
Matty: Movies.
Lifeguard (unsure):  Oh. Yes. Okay.
Matty: I watch them.
Lifeguard: Oh.
(he starts listing all of them and I shuffle him away)

This is the same scene wherever we go. Why mention any of this? Well, this weird fascination with movies (he says blu-ray, when mentioning colors) is pretty much a direct result of my own affinity. 

Anywho, all this brings me to a "movie" I saw in the theaters last Sunday, Winnie the Pooh. What a strange little thing we have here. The film itself is right around an hour long (there is a short about the Loch Ness beforehand - we missed it) and is very, very simple. Not much happens, really. Pooh and everybody laze around. Big misunderstanding. Nervous overreactions. Realization of misunderstanding. Credits. I guess it's charming enough. I actually laughed at some of the goofy dialogue (the knot/not section near the end was very clever). It's all very unassuming. I'm just baffled as to why this was released theatrically. It's essentially a two-part television episode (albeit with very nice animation). There is no reason to see this, but if you have the chance, it's an hour. One. That's madness.

By the way, don't think I haven't noticed that Tangled and Pooh were the last two flicks I've seen. Oh, it's noted. And it's about to be destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment